Importance of STD testing
If you are sexually active, getting tested regularly is a crucial thing you must do to protect your health.
Here are a few of our recommendations.
- If you are an adult / adolescent between the ages 13 to 64, get tested for HIV at least once.
- If you are a sexually active woman younger than 25 years, get tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia every year.
- If you are a pregnant woman, get tested for syphilis, HIV, and Hepatitis B early in pregnancy.
- Anyone who has unsafe sexual intercourse or shares injection drug devices must get tested for HIV
- Sexually active gay and bisexual men must get tested for syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea at least one a year.
GET RESULTS QUICKLY
- You can get the STD test results quickly and confidentially on the same day and in the manner you wish to receive it. A doctor can be consulted for advice is the test result is positive.